Friday 15 July 2011

Nearly 2 weeks to go....

The 'Big Day' is steadily approaching.
The other day a friend of mine decided to watch a youtube video of a scoliosis operation, I tried hard not to watch, but morbid curiosity got the better of me... Luckily for me I wasn't too phased, coupled with the fact that I'm not nearly as afraid of this coming op as I thought I would be, I'm wondering if I'm just able to detach myself from the situation somewhat.
Anyway, I wouldn't recommend anyone to take a look, what you don't know can't hurt you and I think it's probably best not to be able to picture yourself under the knife like that.

I'm also beginning to wonder whether I'm ready for it... not mentally, but practically.
My room is a bit crowded and I need to make sure that everything that I might need will be easy to reach and that I can get around with out too much difficulty. I'm also wonder what kind of clothes will be able to fit over my brace, as well as realising that I have yet to buy the stuff that I will need in hospital.

Everything I think about, the operations pops up in the background. On the plus side of this, I'm already making plans for all the things I want to do when I'm able to get around and after the brace comes off. I always find it easier to get through things when I have something to look forward to.

1 comment:

  1. Hello there! I thought I'd drop by and say hi after seeing you mention your blog on the SSO site.

    If you fancied following my blog you can find it at www.lookingforlinda.blogspot.com

    I've not read it myself yet - but tried to write every day for a good few months up to and following my surgery - let me know if you find it helpful!

    All the very best to you - it's not an easy road ahead but lots of us have travelled it and are here to walk alongside you xx

    ReplyDelete