Friday 29 July 2011

5 days....

I've only got 5 days until I'm admitted into hospital.
I'm one of those people who finds it hard to read their own emotions, but I can tell that the feeling in my chest is fear.
We're hoping to have the shelves in my room painted and dry before I go in, so that I can get my DVDs onto them... at the moment they are packed into boxes under the bed, which wont be practical once I'm in the brace. I'm thinking if I keep myself busy I wont have time to think about what is going to happen on Wednesday.

On the positive side, I decided to go rock climbing yesterday. For a long time after the operation I'm not going to have the chance to do things like that, so I thought, 'why not?'.
I have to say it was really fun, I'm not a particularly active, fit or strong, even so, I managed to get up a few different walls. I was really proud of myself, despite being defeated by a few of the walls that were a bit out of reach for people of my height. I got a bit sweaty and my shoulder was killing me afterwards, but I had a great time and it was worth it. I'm not particularly scared of heights, so the only worrying moment of the day was when I was asked to belay for my friend. Note: Belaying involved holding and keeping taunt the rope that prevents the climber from falling, you have to use your weight as a counter balance. I'm sure for most people this wouldn't be a problem, except I'm 5' and weigh 8.5 stone, my friend is 5'7" and weighs 12 stone. I was terrified that I'd drop him, I didn't, thankfully.... However, there was a scary moment when he fell and I nearly got pulled up off my feet by the rope, needless to say he didn't climb much after that. Later, we found out that you could attach weights to the person belaying to stop this happening ¬_¬
I think I'd like to go back as soon as I'm fit enough.

That's all I have time to write at the moment, as I have a bit of a busy day ahead of me.


No comments:

Post a Comment